To help schools make recess a fun and enjoyable learning experience for every child, every day.
About the Trouble-free Playground Program
The Trouble-free Playground program was created by award-winning teacher and author, Curt Hinson, Ph.D. The program provides schools with a practical 6-Step approach to solving the problems associated with recess in the elementary school. Dr. Hinson has spent more than two decades analyzing not only the physical aspects of children’s games, but the social/emotional content as well. His ideas have helped thousands of schools nationwide make recess a pleasurable time for both children and school staff members. Dr. Hinson uses games and activities that focus on social/emotional skill development to help kids learn to become responsible for their own actions. The Trouble-free Playground program will provide you with the 6-steps to help make your playground and school trouble-free.
The Trouble-free Playground program includes a variety of games and activities, as well as effective management and discipline techniques, that not only help diminish common playground problems, but also help improve overall school motivation and behavior.
This program helps to:
- Reduce occurrences of BULLYING
- Build CHARACTER, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY among children
- Create a safe environment on the playground and in the classroom
The Trouble-Free Program teaches you how to:
- Teach much needed social/emotional skills that will impact discipline at your school.
- Change the way children play, as well as the activities they choose.
- Motivate children to learn and play.
- Teach kids games they can start and continue on their own without constant supervision.
- Integrate curricular concepts with recess and play.
- Teach kids to be responsible for their actions and behavior through physical activity.
- Create a school-wide playground plan to make recess-time a valuable learning experience.
- Reduce conflicts and diminish the occurrence of bullying.
- Create a safe and enjoyable school environment.